办公室跳槽英语对话

学人智库 时间:2018-02-08 我要投稿
【meiwen.anslib.com - 学人智库】

  以下是小编搜集的有关办公室跳槽英语对话,一起来学一学吧。

  SCENE① A 吉娜与戴夫在他们的办公室隔间说话

  Zina: Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about.

  吉娜: 戴夫,我要跟你谈一件事。

  Dave: Zina, why are you 1) whispering?

  戴夫: 吉娜,你干嘛那么小声?

  Zina: I've been talking to WebTracker. I'm thinking of jumping ship.

  吉娜: 我一直跟网路搜寻家有联络。我在考虑跳槽。

  Dave: What? Are you serious? You'd 2) defect to our 3) archrival!?

  戴夫: 什么?你是认真的吗?你要向敌人投诚!?

  Zina: Keep your voice down. We'll talk more later. Right now I need to see Vince.

  吉娜: 小声点。我们晚点再详谈。我现在得要去找文斯。

  Dave: We definitely have to talk, Zina. And watch your back. Elvin is still mad about his nose.

  戴夫: 我们一定得聊聊,吉娜。多留点神。艾文还在气他鼻子的那档事。

  Zina: OK, but don't tell anyone what I said.

  吉娜: 好,不过别把我说的话告诉别人。

  ---------------------------------------------------

  语言详解

  A: (Loudly) Why are you whispering?

  (大喊)你干嘛那么小声啊?

  B: We're in a library, you dork.

  我们在图书馆里,蠢蛋。

  【Are you serious? 你是认真的吗?】

  serious有两个主要意义,其一是“严肃的、认真的”,另一是“严重的、重大的”。与“人”连用时通常是第一种解释,与“疾病、局势、问题”连用则属第二种解释,例如:

  We have to be serious about our future.

  我们要认真的面对未来。

  The situation is really serious.

  局势真的很严重。

  A: I heard John was hospitalized.

  我听说约翰住进医院。

  B: Are you serious?

  你是说真的吗?

  A: Yes. He suffered a serious injury in an accident.

  真的。他在意外事件中受到严重伤害。

  1) whisper (v.) 低语,呢喃

  2) defect (v.) 背弃(同盟,祖国)to的后面接名词,指所投向的新对象

  3) archrival (n.) 死敌,最大的敌人 arch 这个字首 (prefix) 是指“首要的,主要的”