办公室同事家庭小聚日常口语(2)

学人智库 时间:2018-02-08 我要投稿
【meiwen.anslib.com - 学人智库】

  2.实用对话

  Being a Dinner Guest做客吃饭

  Ms. Smith: This is the first time for me to have a Chinese guest. I hope you like westem cooking.

  史密斯女士:这是我第一次招待中国客人。希望你喜欢吃西餐。

  Wang Lin: Yes, I like it very much.

  王林:是的,我很喜欢吃西餐的。

  Ms. Smith: Cooking is a hobby with me. I'm always trying to think up new recipes. I hope you like the soup. It's kind of a specialty of mine, so I hope you enjoy it.

  史密斯女士:烹调是我的爱好。我总是想些新的食谱。我希望你喜欢这个汤。这算是我的拿手特色菜,所以我希望你能喜欢。

  Wang Lin: It's excellent.

  王林:非常好喝。

  Ms. Smith: Thank you for your compliment. Won't you try this fish with white sauce? I'm rather proud of it.

  史密斯女士:多谢夸奖。你不尝尝这道白汁鱼吗?对这道菜我是很自豪的。

  Wang Lin: It's delicious.

  王林:很好吃。

  Ms. Smith: What sort of western food do you like best?

  史密斯女士:你最喜欢吃哪种西餐?

  Wang Lin: I like beefsteak very much. Have you tried Chinese dishes?

  王林:我很喜欢吃牛排。你吃过中国菜吗?

  Ms. Smith: I find the Chinese dishes wonderful.

  史密斯女士:我觉得中国菜非常不错。

  ( an hour later )

  (一小时后)

  Wang Lin: Well, it's getting late. I have to get up early tomorrow. So I must say good night.

  王林:嗯,时间不早了。我明天还得早起。所以我必须得说“晚安”了。

  Ms. Smith: It's still early.

  史密斯女士:现在还早呢。

  3.详细解说

  1.“think up sth.”表示“想出某事物(如新主意、新名字等)”,例如:Did you think that up yourself?(那是你自己想出来的吗?)Who thinks up names for new products?(谁给新产品想名字?)

  2.“be proud of sth./sb.”意为“为…感到骄傲或引以自豪”,例如:Her parents are proud of her.(她的父母以她为骄傲。)You should be proud of yourself.(你应该为自己感到骄傲。)

  3.“find sth/sb.+形容词”这个结构常用来表达对某人某事的一种特殊感觉,可译为“发现某人/某事…”。形容词如wonderful,easy,useful,interesting等都可以用于这个结构,例如:She found the work very interesting.(她发现这个工作很有趣。)

  4.文化洗礼

  各种各样的派对

  你经常组织或参加派对吗?你知道英语里有哪些常见的派对吗?在派对上你又该说些什么呢?来看一下吧。

  ①Baby shower婴儿送礼含(通常是在婴儿出生前,由待产妈妈的朋友所举办的)

  When is the due?

  预产期是什么时候?

  ② Bachelor/ Bachelorette party(男/女)告别单身派对

  Say goodbye to your single life.

  和你的单身生活说再见吧。

  ③Birthday party生日派对

  Happy birthday!

  生日快乐!

  ④Cocktail party鸡尾酒派对

  Can I have a/another Martini?

  可以给我一杯/再给我一杯马提尼吗?

  ⑤Engagement party订婚派对

  Congratulations! You will make a perfect couple.

  恭喜!你们将是完美的一对。

  ⑥Farewell party

  送别派刘

  Give us your new address as soon as you settle down.

  安顿下来后,尽快告诉我们你的新地址。

  ⑦Graduation party毕业派对

  Are you ready to work after graduation?

  你准奋好毕业后就工作了吗?

  ⑧Housewarming party温居/暖房派对

  Your place is in a nice neighborhood.

  你家所在的这个社区很棒。

  ⑨Retirement party退休派对

  Finally, you can take a good rest( long break )

  你终于可以好好休息(放个长假)了。