Dialogue 1
Steve: Hi Mike. Have you met the new hire in the Business Development
Department?
史蒂夫:嗨麦克,你见过业务开发部新来的职员了吗?
Mike: No, I haven't had the pleasure yet.
麦克:没有,我还没有这份荣幸。
Steve: Trust me - it's not a pleasure to meet him!
史蒂夫:相信我,跟他见面不是什么好事!
Mike: Steve! That's not like you at all to say nasty things about a
colleague.
麦克:史蒂夫!说同事坏话可一点儿也不像你的作风。
Michael: Black, bitter and strong I suppose.
迈克尔:我想我们只能喝苦而浓烈的黑咖啡了。
Steve: Well just wait to you meet him. I think he is a real pig.
史蒂夫:好吧,等你见了他就知道了。我觉得他真是一头猪。
Mike: Why do you have that impression?
麦克:你为什么会有这种印象?
Steve: He is rude, unfriendly and too pushy.
史蒂夫:他很粗鲁、不友好还特别爱出风头。
Mike: Maybe he is just suffering from culture shock being in a new
company.
麦克:也许刚到一个新公司他还不习惯。
Steve: Well he needs to learn the culture of this office pretty quickly or
he will make lots of enemies.
史蒂夫:他需要尽快学会适应这个公司的习惯,否则他会树很多敌人。
Mike: Its up to us to help him make friends then!
麦克:这得靠我们来帮他交朋友!
Dialogue 2
Beth: Can you help me with a small problem Sally?
贝斯:萨莉你能帮我解决一个小问题吗?
Sally: You know that I would usually, but today I have to go on a
course.
萨莉:你知道如果是平常我会帮你的,可是今天我要去上课。
Beth: That sounds interesting. What type of course is it?
贝斯:听起来挺有意思的。你上的是什么课?
Sally: It is a course to learn about managing conflict in the work
place.
萨莉:学习怎样解决公司里的.冲突问题。
Beth: Why do you need to go on a conflict management course? Everyone likes
you!
贝斯:你为什么还要学怎样处理冲突呢?每个人都喜欢你。
Sally: Those are the types of skills that every good manager should learn!
I hope that it will help me to be a better manager in the future.
萨莉:这些是每一名优秀的经理都应该学的技巧!我希望将来这会有助我当一名更合格的经理。