办公室震惊英语对话

学人智库 时间:2018-02-08 我要投稿
【meiwen.anslib.com - 学人智库】

  这是小编分享的办公室震惊英语对话,欢迎阅读。

  SCENE B 艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间

  Elvin: Aren't you going to do anything? You've got to 1) get rid of her!

  艾文: 你不打算想想办法吗?你得把她给除掉!

  Vince: I'm afraid that isn't possible.

  文斯: 这恐怕不可能。

  Elvin: What are you talking about? Fire her! Tell her to hit the road!

  艾文: 你在说什么?开除她!叫她走路!

  Vince: I can't do that. Zina has 2) convinced our 3) investors that she knows what's best for InfoKing.

  文斯: 我办不到。吉娜已经说服了我们的投资人说,她知道什么对“资讯王”最好。

  Elvin: What? You mean to tell me that wacko is 4) in charge now? How?

  艾文: 什么?你要告诉我现在是那个怪胎管事?怎么会?

  ---------------------------------------------------

  语言详解

  A: Judd doesn't want to go swimming with us.

  贾德不想跟我们去游泳。

  B: I'll try to convince him.

  我来试着说服他。

  【hit the road 上路】

  hit the road听起来简洁有力,意思就是“上路”,不论是离开一地,去下一个地方,或是出门旅行,你都可以用上hit the road这个表达法。

  A: It's getting late; we need to get home and check on the children.

  天色晚了;我们得要回家去看看孩子。

  B: OK, let's hit the road.

  好,我们上路吧。

  A: Johnny just likes to drive his mom's car and hit the road around seven a.m.

  强尼就是喜欢开着他母亲的车,在上午七点钟左右出门。

  B: What's the big deal?

  那有什么大不了?

  A: Johnny is only six years old.

  强尼只有六岁。

  1) get rid of... 摆脱……

  2) convince (v.) 说服,使相信

  3) investor (n.) 投资者

  4) be in charge 管事,作主